No Photoshop, just Instagram

@chrispytine on Twitter and Instagram

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

And so it is...

Finally, the bf can take his flight test after days of bad weather. He passed with flying colours and therefore as promised, he took me to eat Snow crab.

It is the posh-est restaurant he has ever brought me to and the most expensive dinner too. Snow crabs are larger than usual, sweeter and meatier and are white in colour. Only found in Western Australia.
Shark's fin! One each. I am so contented.

We cooked the crab in salted egg yolk. Very high in cholesterol but shiok. I chose this recipe because i don't think this style is offered in Singapore. It's a Hongkong restaurant.

That's my group working with a real non-profit organisation. We were to come up with a campaign plan for them. Boring topic, shan't talk about it. Ha ha.

Ocassionally, me and my house mates will find somewhere nice to dine.


On Sunday, 3 days before the bf is meant to leave for good.. i decided to throw a steamboat to celebrate my birthday in advance whilst he's still here. 4 weeks in advance, actually. Ha ha, kiasu right.

So i bought scallops, prawns, dumplings, sliced beef and so on. We were so stuffed, good thing my tax return got into the mail just in time.

And my dear house mate bought me a cake. Not knowing that, i already bought the famous apple struddle for dessert so we further stuffed ourselves.

My neighbours were supposed to come too (one couple who coincidentally works at my cafe too, and one old couple who i mentioned earlier was so nice to fix something up for my car window) The ang moh old couple has never heard or had a steamboat before, so i was looking forward to introducing them to the marvelous Chinese boiling pot of water. But alas, they had something on that night.

They made me pick up the candles with my mouth, so that's chocolate all over my face.



That's us looking stupid. Oh, and its so interesting to learn what costumes my house mate's boyfriends will buy them if they had too. One said 'nurse', the other said ' little devil'. So kinky! Hahaha, i won't tell you who said what. Don't think its very nice to reveal their identity. My bf said he will buy me kid's clothes. Phil exclaimed, " AH! Phaedophile!"

But i am quite sure my bf is joking.

P.S I now know how many insects exist in my backyard because i locked myself out of my house one day and i had to climb over the wall into the backyard, hoping the side door is unlocked. But genius me, a few months back had to remind my house mates to lock the side doors to prevent burglars. So i too was locked out in the backyard. Had to wait an hour in the backyard for someone to get home and release me. So in between, i scrutinized every insect on the leaves and in the grass.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...