No Photoshop, just Instagram

@chrispytine on Twitter and Instagram

Thursday, January 1, 2009


Does it remind you of Mickey's hand in Disneyland? I have never counted down in public before, because i hate crowds. But i made an exception for 2008. It was a relief that Singapore had a rather good system with the public transport and police to do crowd control. I even emailed SMRT at 6pm that day to ask what time was the last train, they replied me almost immediately! So impressed. Unlike Australia...they reply enquires a week later!
We had prime not too crowded spots to watch the fireworks from On The Bund at Clifford Pier. All thanks to our social butterfly.
I was telling them i had this idea of a guy proposing to me with fireworks. Maybe i think its romantic to be seeing shooting stars with your lover. And since shooting stars are like one in a thousand times that you catch it, fireworks are equivalent.

And when i thought of that, i didn't know fireworks were THAT expensive. So the guys were saying if my man proposed with fireworks, does that mean he don't have to get a ring? Of course he had to get a ring still! Because a ring has a meaning to a marriage. But, the ring doesn't have to be a diamond one. Nor expensive. I'm quite happy with a white gold or a nice plastic one. Then again maybe i'll be practical and he can propose with a cheap ring PLUS a walk-in wardrobe of pretty clothes. 

Seriously, i don't understand why must a price tag be tagged to the proposal ring. Why does Chris Lee spend $50K on his proposal ring and those Hollywood stars $1.5 mil. If that is the case, i'll rather have the cash and buy my own multiple bling-blings. 

But i'm not quite a jewelry person. I prefer fashionable accessories. Like this, i won't get my fingers chopped or ears cut in case of a robbery.





So boring right! All in black. I wanted to wear red. But it's too sexy, and i had to take the train home so i did not.
The Christmas tree is still up! My office last week was already playing Chinese New Year MTVs.
That pose did not quite match the Pochantas look. Alot of people commented on that braid though, even the security guards! I was afraid Singaporeans don't quite take this fashion. Was worried i would be mocked at. But i guess since it was in black, it wasn't too attention grabbing like those in pink or brown.

They say i look like from an epic movie. Cleopatra perhaps? 

Kenneth says he reads my blog because he is not as happening as me. Ha. Actually, i am not happening at all. My everyday life includes going to work, coming home, jog then dinner, TV and sleep. Weekends are spent packing my room, reading and church and the occasional shopping. It's just that when i do go out once in awhile, i cam whore and upload. Therefore you only get to see the happening stuff! You wouldn't want to read my mundane life and see me in pyjamas, will you? Besides, i don't want my blog to be really like a dairy. It's more like a log of events!

But i must admit, ever since i met my new group of friends, i am going out more, and i'm loving it! Because Singaporeans just work too much=boring.

 Finally, i get to wear all my pretty dresses out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...